Employer Name: Prediction Learning Associates
Organization Type: Company
Role: Program or Product Management
Position Type: Full Time
Career with International Development Organization
With over 100,000 employees
reaching an estimated 138 million people, our client is the world’s largest
non-governmental organization. It is a development success story, spreading
anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in
Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the
world’s poor. With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including
microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, it invests in
communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and
creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of
their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief
organizations, it is one of the few based in the global South.
Client is seeking application
from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following
Program Manager- Food Security
The purpose of this role is to
ensure the proper planning and timely implementation of projects, lead and
coordinate project activities, manage and provide technical guidance of the
food security & livelihoods programed. The role will be also responsible
for expansion of existing programed in country through ensuing new projects and
funding sources. Develop harmonious and effective relations with donors,
government agencies, and other stakeholders, branding Client Liberia for
ensuing acceptability in food security and livelihood sectors.
- Planning for project implementation including technical activity, financial and
procurement planning, coordination and execution of the Food Security &
- Making liaison with the Donor Agencies at the national and international level
for agriculture, food security and livelihood sector development and raising
- Participating in the strategic planning and support to prepare Concept Note/
proposals for food security and livelihood activities.
- Ensure that all Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) activities are conducted
in accordance with approved work plans and budgets including field visit,
regular programed monitoring, budget forecast, plan vs. progress, case studies,
- Coordination with other Organization programs (i.e. health, education, ELA
etc.) and ensures that financial, administration and logistics requirements of
the FSL projects are arranged.
- Represent Organization internally and externally, contributing to improved
coordination in the food security & livelihood cluster, and maintain good
relation and liaison with partners and key stakeholders, government, INGOs,
research institutions and local authorities. Ensure Organization is held with
high esteem and respect and receives adequate visibility.
- Arrange periodic internal and donor meeting and preparation of reports (both
programmatic and financial) in accordance with guidelines and donor
requirements and deadlines.
- Facilitate to development of learning materials (i.e. training module,
guidelines, flip chart, leaflet/booklet, policy/strategy papers, etc.)
- Provide technical support, capacity building and innovative ideas, (i.e. training,
workshop, meeting) to volunteers, national staff.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders for business oriented services for
production, processing and marketing of agricultural (crop, livestock) inputs
and products, & the development of agricultural value chain
- Supporting for staff recruitment, appraisal, management, general well-being,
job descriptions, work schedules, discipline etc. in coordination with Country
Representative and support team.
- Ensuring integrated development of the adaptive research, climate smart
- Support to poultry farm/ seed production farm as per the suggestion and
guideline of the CR and programed anchor.
- Coordinate with other technical departments (health, education, MF etc.) and
support departments (i.e. admin, human resources).
- Good management and pedagogical skills in the agriculture, livestock, food
security and livelihood development programme
- Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team ability to
coordinate effective team work and to work effectively within a team
- Strong capacity building/training facilitation skills and experience.
- Good technical knowledge on poultry and livestock
- Basic skills on resource mobilization and fundraising and experience in
- Very good oral & written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Strong business understanding and self-learning capacity
- Ready to work under pressure and stress
- Must be deadline oriented and committed to assignment
- Must be able to work with other functional teams
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Very good understanding about West African context
- International exposure in different countries.
- Willing to travel both within and outside Country
- Strong financial/budget management skills required flexible, culturally
- Computer skills (Microsoft office, Photoshop)
- Minimum Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)/BSc in Agricultural Science/BSc in
Animal Husbandry from any reputed University/Institute with minimum 2nd
division or class or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
- Candidates having MBA or relevant master degree will be given preference.
Experience Requirements: At least 08 years of experience in the
field of Food security & Livelihood sectors working towards the improvement
of livelihoods of poor and marginal farmers through implementing integrated
Agricultural & livestock and off-farm interventions.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Country Office-
If you feel you are the right
match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application
instructions accordingly: send your MS. Word format resume to the following
email address with mentioning the position applying for.
Email Address: email@example.com
Labels: NAFASI ZA KAZI