Rogimwa Agro Company Limited (RACL) is a company that deals with supply of agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides and other agrochemicals) both on cash and credit, it provides agricultural extension services to farmers in order to increase and sustain farm production, the company also deals with purchasing and value addition of farm produce in order to increase farmers’ income.
Rogimwa Agro Company Limited seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed staff. Rogimwa ACL invites qualified and competent candidates to apply for the following post
POSITION: EXTENSION OFFICERS (5 POSTS)
LOCATION: MBEYA-RURAL AREAS (MBOZI & SONGWE DISTRICTS)
Duties and responsibility will include but not limited to;
- To mobilize and organize farmers into manageable units called farmers groups, to train, help, advice and monitor farmers progress to ensure successful farming activities and successful project of the company.
- He/She should be able to know each farmer and his/her farm (s), as well as to know farmers challenges or problems, causes and to find solutions of those problems.
- To strengthen the existing farmers groups through capacity building such establishment of training farms, conducting meeting and training to group leaders on managerial and agricultural skills, making sure farmers benefit from being members of the group as well as to encourage more people to join groups by promoting the benefit of being a group member.
- To set up working plan on weekly basis, work on the plan and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Extension officer should report the identified problem at his/her area of work immediately after being identified. Solutions for such problem should be found within 24 hours after repotting. When reporting a problem(s), Extension officer should explain Cleary what the problems are, what the causes are, what are the suggested measures to take and how to take measure. The report should be sent via email.
- As a consultant, Extension officer should not decide on behalf of the farmers but he/she should assist them, advice and lead them to make good decision which will ensure successful farming business.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the management for successful implementation of the project and to act with honesty and integrity at all time.
- To Encourage farmers to adopt best practice techniques by providing exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes
- Submit report to Agronomist daily, weekly and monthly
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced Diploma/ Certificate in Extension, Agriculture General, Horticulture, or agricultural related field from an accredited or recognized institution.
- Experience to work with farmers in rural areas
- Problem solving skills
- Highly computer skills( Ms-excel, word , power point, E-mail and web is recommended)
- Strong report-writing skills
- Applicants who know how to ride a motorcycle will be given priority.
MODE OF APPLICATIONIf you meet the job requirements, please send your application letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements, current CV and names of three referees through firstname.lastname@example.org copied(Cc) to email@example.com heading the post you apply
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 10th March, 2017 (Application beyond the deadline will not be processed)
NB: USIKUBALI KUTOA PESA YAKO KWA AJILI YA INTERVIEW AU ILI UPEWE KAZI, WANAOOMBA PESA NI MATAPELI.
Visit Job Site Tz for more job adverts
Labels: NAFASI ZA KAZI